Living in Texas can put your skin at risk. Not only do cities like San Antonio churn out lots of damaging pollution, but the regular sunshine can harm the skin with UV rays. Fortunately, however, a technique dubbed a HydraFacial can help to rejuvenate your skin and make your face glow.
What is a HydraFacial?
A HydraFacial is a combination treatment which aims to improve the quality and beauty of your skin. HydraFacial works by using a proprietary and patented technology to lift dead skin from the surface of your face, exfoliate pores and cleanse.
HydraFacial works in three main phases. The first part is cleansing the skin using a medical-grade dermabrasion device. The next step is exfoliation, where a trained clinician removes the top layer of dead skin cells from the face. The final stage is perhaps the most interesting: infusing the skin with a variety of intensive serums. These serums, mainly peptides, and antioxidants help to bolster the skin’s defenses and make it appear more youthful.
How Does HydraFacial Work?
HydraFacial works by using a proprietary HydraFacial machine that uses different “HydroPeel” tips for the various stages of the procedure. Skincare solutions include exfoliation, infusion of antioxidants, and tips that bolster the skin with hydrating serums.
The makers of HydraFacial designed the tips of the HydroPeel to rotate in a way that would dislodge impurities and blackheads while at the same time replenishing the skin with moisture.
Benefits of a HydraFacial
- See Immediate Results – Some skin treatments take a couple of weeks or more to see results. But with a combination technique like HydraFacial, the results are instant. Your skin looks brighter, plumper, smoother, and clearer immediately after treatment, without any need to delay or hide away until it heals.
- There’s No Discomfort – HydraFacial is a minimally-invasive skin treatment that doesn’t hurt at all. You’ll feel a slight tingling sensation as the dermabrasion device passes over your face: that’s it.
- There’s No Downtime – Not only does HydraFacial make your skin look great, but you can get treatment in the morning and go back to work in the afternoon: there’s no downtime.
- It’s Quick – HydraFacial is a quick procedure which can take as little as 30 minutes. You can get stunning, beautiful skin with practically no time lost.
What to Expect During Treatment
HydraFacial treatment is a straightforward procedure that can improve the quality and appearance of your skin dramatically. During the patented HydraFacial treatment, you’ll go through several steps.
- Detox. The first step is to detox the area to be treated. Detoxing the face involves draining any lymph that has accumulated under the eyes and around the nose, increasing circulation to the face and removing harmful toxins that may have built up.
- Cleaning and Exfoliation. The next step is cleaning and exfoliation using a specialized, skin-friendly device. During this step, you’ll feel a gentle tingling on your face, removing dead skin cells and helping to bring new cells to the surface.
- Brightening. A brightening agent is a special chemical that helps to remove debris from your pores.
- Blackhead Removal. Over time, debris can make its way into the pores on your face. Facial pores tend to be larger than pores elsewhere in the body and can become clogged. We use special cleaning agents to remove this debris, eliminating blackheads and allowing pores to breathe.
- Hydration. Replenishing and rehydrating the skin is vital after treatment. HydraFacial uses a combination of hyaluronic acid, peptides, and antioxidants, which have a skin-plumping effect.
- Rejuvenation. During rejuvenation, we use LED light to stimulate collagen production in the skin and reduce redness.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for HydraFacial?
HydraFacial can benefit practically anyone, but it is particularly helpful for people with specific skin types and conditions. Speak with us today to find out if you are a HydraFacial candidate.
- If You Have Dry Skin – The skin can become dry for all kinds of reasons: excessive pollution, exposure to air conditioning units, or a lack of sebum production in the skin. HydraFacial combats dry skin through multiple channels. Not only does it remove thick layers of dead skin cells, which may prevent your skin from self-moisturizing, but it also infuses the skin with additional hydration agents. Peptides and antioxidant serums have a plumping, hydrating effect on the skin, leaving it feeling supple and bouncy.
- If You Have Acne – Dermatologists often recommend HydraFacials for people with mild acne. Because HydraFacial cleanses the pores, it helps to remove dirt and debris that can lead to the development of pimples. HydraFacial removes blackheads and helps to reduce the likelihood that your pores will become infected.
- If You Have Pigmentation – Sun damage can cause the skin to become pigmented. If you have had considerable sun exposure throughout your life, you may notice darker spots on patches on your skin as it attempts to shield itself against UV damage. People with pigmentation can benefit from HydraFacials considerably. The dermabrasion of a HydraFacial helps to reduce the visibility of the pigmentation of the skin, helping to even out your skin tone and foster better health of facial skin cells.
- If You Have Dull Skin – Ideally, your skin should glow. But a combination of lifestyle and environmental factors can make it look dull. HydraFacial therapy acts on the skin, reinvigorating it and helping it to achieve a natural glow.
What Results Can You Expect From HydraFacial Treatment?
The effects of HydraFacial treatment generally last for about a week. HydraFacial is a minimally invasive procedure that’s great if you want to look your best before an event, such as a wedding, holiday or party. It’s also the kind of treatment that you can include in your regular schedule, returning to the clinic every week or fortnight for a new session. Over time HydraFacials can help to reduce the size of pores and keep blackheads off your face for good.
Are you interested in HydraFacial? Get in touch with Spa Black today to book an appointment and let your skin shine. At our offices in San Antonio, we can help you achieve your healthiest and most radiant complexion. Contact us today!